Sunday, August 3, 2014

Thunder & Lightning

We've had a couple of massive thunderstorms at dawn the past few days. The first one, on Thursday, finally broke the heat we've been having, and it was a beautiful warm, dry "Swedish summer day", as Olle put it. But the humidity has come back, and this morning's storm just brought soupy air. It's not as hot, thankfully. The ceiling fans make a big difference, that's for sure.

This morning is a good time to recover from Dave's 50th birthday party on Sandhamn yesterday. We took a taxi boat straight from Aspö with Ann & Dave, Tony & Ann-Catrin, their daughters Annelie and Annika, plus all the kids. We ate at the same place I had my own 50th birthday! It was a super time.

Ann & Dave have a car this year, parked at Stavsnäs, and they've offered it to us. So we're going to take the taxi boat tomorrow, and drive up to Gustavsberg to do a bit of shopping. I'm pretty much done with my "to-do" list, so I need to buy more stuff to start on new projects, and Sooz wants to look at more deck furniture at Brisak.

I've been updating the photo page as I go along; check there for new snaps of all this activity.

No comments: