Sunday, March 12, 2017

Robin Bengtsson is the winner!

The Melfest 2017 was a darned good show, in my humble opinion. The hosts did a great job, keeping the show moving, and hosting funny parodies and skits.

Our winner was Robin Bengtsson, the man who beat Loreen head-to-head last week, with "I Can't Go On":


Interestingly, he was not in the top two of the viewers' votes. The popular winner was Nano with "Hold On". However, the international jury counts for half of the total vote, and the experts pushed Robin to the top. I can see why they did that; Robin's is a more classical Eurovision song.

Frankly, I could have seen most of the songs being potential winners. Wiktoria was the bookies' favourite, but she faded on the day. I'm sure we will hear Ace Wilder and FO&O on the radio all summer, too.

Next stop: Kiev!!!

No comments: