Sunday, May 12, 2013

A week from Eurovision!

We are in the home stretch now, only a week until the big show in Malmö. The semi-finals are Tuesday and Thursday in advance of the final on Saturday; I'll be back with an update on those later this week.

The Guardian has an excellent article on the contest in Malmö, and specifically about Swedish schlager music. My favorite quote: "Someone wrote on the event web page, 'I'm coming all the way from America to see Loreen and the finals,' That's amazing." I wish it was me who had written that!

The Swedish Embassy in Washington is showing the event live this weekend, which would be a fun event if we weren't hosting our own Eurovision party that evening.

For my American readers who might want to watch the contest, here's the video link from the official Eurovision web page.


No comments: