Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hello from Aspö!

It's been a whirlwind few days, that's for sure. My route to Aspö took me via New York and Barcelona, which isn't the most direct routing. But I am happy to report that all of my complex logistics came through. I made it with all of my stuff safely to our little stuga Friday night.

Special thanks go to my friends: Marcia, who drove me into the city on Friday afternoon, where I was able to meet up with Olle and Annika, with whom I rode in their car down to Stavsnäs.

Friday was a beautiful day, but Saturday started with a gale and snow showers. I fired up the radiators and stayed inside, nice and cozy. It dried out in the afternoon; Olle helped me straighten out the shed door (again), but everything at the house looks like it is in top shape.

On Saturday evening, I joined Olle and Annika, along with our neighbor Karin, for dinner. Besides being a great carpenter, Olle is a heck of a chef as well. He really puts me to shame.

My jet lag caught with me today, so I slept in and then took a long walk around the island. (Photos are available here.) It's sunny but brisk. The forecast is for more snow and rain during the week, so I'll have more time to post on the blog!

No comments: