Thursday, December 18, 2008

More photos from the house

Wille sent a few more mobile phone photos which I made into a collage. Two are of the deck, trimmed and secured, and the other two are the extra wood strips to hold down the tarpaper on the roof, which Janne was especially concerned about, given the stong winds that are usual over the next couple of months.

Wille also finished up some of the inside bits and bobs, although I haven't spoken to him this evening so I'm not sure what all has been completed. I'll update after I speak with him, probably tomorrow, and we'll see it ourselves on the 27th. Things outside should be well secured now for the next 3 months of winter, but will seem odd for the house to be so closed up for so long.

We'll be back again mid-April, with (weather permitting) the key tasks being painting the outside (me), completing the bathroom (Jonny, with Sooz's design direction), installing steps and the water infrastructure (Janne), and strengthening the foundations (Wille). We should be able to finish those tasks in the 8 weeks between Påsk and Midsommar, and then let the good times roll!

No comments: